Cafe Au Lait & Other Delicious CBD Recipes to Dose Your Day
For many people CBD is most effective when it’s part of a daily routine. One teaspoon in the morning with breakfast and then another after dinner.
But let’s be honest. Taking spoonfuls of CBD oil like little Michael Banks in Mary Poppins doesn’t sound all that exciting. You’ve probably already come up with a few creative ways to take your CBD to the next level, but here’s a few more tasty CBD recipes you’ll love (starting with how to make the best CBD coffee).
CBD Cafe Au Lait
Making a tasty latte at home can be complicated and time consuming. Thankfully, Cafe Au Lait is a delicious and easy alternative when you want the best CBD coffee without the effort. Plus, you’ll sound extra fancy when you walk into the office sipping something with a French name. De rein.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 teaspoon of CBD oil
- Milk or milk substitute (quantity depends on how much milk you like in your coffee)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon of sugar or your preferred sweetener (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
Preparation is cake. Simply heat and mix all of the above ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat until they reach your desired temperature. Then pour the milk mixture over your freshly brewed cup of CBD coffee.
CBD Breakfast Quesadilla
Not a CBD coffee drinker? Not a problem! Breakfast quesadillas are a satisfying and versatile way to get your cannabidiol. They’re tasty, easy, and can be prepared and frozen in advance for quick reheating in the microwave. Hand-held foods are great for eating in the car, especially when you’re running late for work or dropping the kids off at school. And you can tailor the quesadilla to your preferences or the ingredients you have on hand.
Gather these ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of CBD oil
- 2 eggs
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Ground breakfast sausage
- Hot sauce (optional)
The key to this breakfast option is bulk!
Don’t stress too much about the recipe. Whatever ingredients you use, just make sure everything but the tortilla is cooked and mixed well together. Now sprinkle 1 teaspoon of CBD oil for every portion or quesadilla you plan on making. Add the mixture onto your tortilla and grill the quesadillas until each side has begun to brown.
- Cool the quesadillas before you throw them into the freezer
- Completely wrap each quesadilla portion in cellophane or in an airtight plastic bag
- Date and label your quesadillas. Take care not to keep them frozen for longer than 3-6 months
- Remove the cellophane or plastic and microwave each individual quesadilla for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.
CBD Salad Dressing
I usually imagine killing a Whopper with cheese or a massive plate of General Tso’s Chicken for lunch, but then I can also imagine the horde of judgemental eyes on me as I carry my fast food from the parking lot to the breakroom. It’s like my own personal walk of shame.
Instead I usually decide to eat healthier for lunch, bringing a salad from home. While that may not sound satisfying, a little prep work – and the right salad dressing – can turn a boring mound of iceberg lettuce into a sweet and crunchy entree that leaves you full and energized. If you’re not on the salad train yet, try adding plenty of grilled chicken, some shredded cheese, and a handful of croutons or candied pecans for that extra flavor.
Now top it all off with the CBD dressing below and ta-da! You’ve got a delicious and nutritious lunch in under 5 minutes!
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon CBD oil
Blend all of the ingredients until it’s smooth. Store at room temperature.
Dinner might be a little tricky. Perhaps you are the only one in your family who regularly takes CBD. Or maybe you don’t want to waste your CBD on your children. They sleep great as it is!
Instead of infusing CBD directly into the entrees, an easy alternative is to make CBD butter that you can add directly to your meal when you need an extra dose of cannabidiol.
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of CBD oil
On very low heat, combine these ingredients and heat for about one hour. Let the mixture cool then store it in an airtight container, much like you would regular butter. Once your CBD butter has cooled and solidified, you can use it just like normal butter for extremely easy – and delicious – dosing.
Add a sliver to your toast. Apply liberally to baked potatoes or corn on the cob. Just promise you won’t fry it state-fair style (not that you can’t… you just probably shouldn’t).
Whether you prefer to get your CBD from a cup of coffee, a salad dressing, or your own CBD butter, you can get an accurate dose without feeling like you’re taking medicine two or three times a day. Use these recipes as a template, and feel free to be creative. Come up with your own concoctions that fit your own unique menu. And check the rest of this site for more tasty CBD recipes.
CBD Pro Tips
- Whether making butter or coffee, CBD should be cooked at low temperatures, as the benefits can burn off at high heat on the stove or in the oven.
- Pay careful attention to how much CBD you add to your recipe, and calculate how that translates to each portion size. Your daily CBD intake should remain fairly consistent, regardless of whether you get it through tinctures, capsules, gummies, or a delicious salad dressing.
- Order hemp CBD oil tinctures from a brand you trust so you know the product you’re enjoying is pure, consistently dosed, and lab tested.